Moringa Grain-free Cauliflower Crackers
Moringa Grain Free Cauliflower Crackers
A simple healthy alternative for crackers. Perfect to eat with cheese, dips, and spreads.
- food processor or blender
- 1 head cauliflower (1 lb)
- 2 tbsp ground chia
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp moringa leaf powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp roasted chopped almonds or Sesame seeds (I used almonds because I am allergic to sesame)
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Place cauliflower in steamer and steam for 3-5 minutes until you can stab a fork easily inside.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- While cauliflower cools down, mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Place cauliflower in a blender or food processor a little at a time and pulse until cauliflower is in small pieces and looks like rice. Do this in small batches and place the riced cauliflower in a bowl lined with cheesecloth. Continue this step until all the cauliflower is riced.
- Wrap the riced cauliflower with the cheesecloth and squeeze out all the liquid.
- Add the cauliflower to the medium bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the cracker mixture between two pieces of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Roll mixture flat into a rectangle about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. (If you do not have a roller, you can remove the top layer of parchment paper and spread and flatten the mixture with your hand. I usually do this because I have a small baking sheet.)
- Remove the top sheet of parchment and set it aside for later. Bake crackers 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the oven, place a piece of parchment paper on top, and turn over the baking sheet to transfer the cracker mixture to a new piece of parchment. Place the new parchment with crackers back onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 more minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and cut into desired size cracker rectangles.
- Turn off the oven and place the crackers back in to let them slowly cool down and dry until the oven is only a little warm and the crackers are crispy. This can take 1-2 hours.
If you want more moring flavor, put in 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flour and 2 tsp moringa leaf powder. I got this recipe from aspicyperspective.com and then altered it to add moringa and avoid the sesame seeds. If you make the crackers a little thicker, they will just be less crunchy. They still taste delicious this way! I had mine with a little mashed avocado with lime and salt. It was delicious!