Moringa Oat Pancakes (no added sugar)
Here is a healthy and easy pancake recipe for when you are craving something sweet! I made these because I quit eating sugar and bread and really wanted something with that texture. Ever since I threw these together, I have made them for myself once a week! They are perfect if you are trying to be healthy and even better if you want your kids to eat a little more healthy. These pancakes are gluten free and sugar free! They are a guiltless pleasure!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 15 Small Pancakes
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp Moringa leaf powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Almond milk Could substitute with any milk
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Oil or Spray for cooking
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until are items are well combined.
- Heat skillet with oil or cooking spray on medium low heat.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot skillet to form pancakes.
- Cook until heated through and you can see some popped bubbles on the pancakes.
- Flip over and heat until cooked all the way through.
- Continue to do this with the rest of the batter.
I made this recipe by throwing a bunch of ingredients together one day when I was craving something sweet! So, there is a lot of room to make substitutions to fit your preferences! If You Want The Pancakes To Have Less Banana Go ahead! I use two bananas because I eat the pancakes alone. The bananas make them sweet and gives the pancakes a lot of flavor. However, if you want them less sweet or are minimizing your sugar intake, you can use just 1 banana. If You Want These To Be Vegan I offer you some Egg substitutions.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons of water. Mix these together and let sit until you have a thick consistency.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce per egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar+ 1 teaspoon baking powder whisked together per egg